|When asleep, you don't smell anything.|
A properly installed and maintained smoke alarm is the first thing in your home that can alert you and your family to a fire 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Home fire sprinklers can also alert you, but are a few seconds slower than smoke alarms. Whether you're awake or asleep, a working smoke alarm is constantly on alert, scanning the air for fire and smoke.
According to the National Fire Protection Association, almost two-thirds of home fire deaths resulted from fires in properties without working smoke alarms. A working smoke alarm significantly increases your chances of surviving a deadly home fire.
|Installed and Maintaining Fire Alarm|
There are many brands of smoke alarms on the market, but they fall under two basic types: ionization and photoelectric.
Ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms detecting different types of fires. Since no one can predict what type of fire might start in their home, the USFA recommends that every home and place where people sleep have:
Both ionization AND photoelectric smoke alarms. OR Dual sensor smoke alarms, which contain both ionization and photoelectric smoke sensors. There are also alarms for people with hearing loss. These alarms may strobe lights that flash and/or vibrate to alert those who are unable to hear standard smoke alarms when they sound.
What powers a smoke alarm?
Smoke alarms are powered by battery or by your home's electrical system. If the smoke alarm is powered by battery, it runs on either a disposable 9-volt battery or a non-replaceable 10-year lithium (“long-life”) battery. Alarms that get power from your home's electrical system, or “hardwired,” usually have a back-up battery that will need to be replaced once a year.
Are smoke alarms expensive?
Smoke alarms are not expensive and are worth the lives they can help save.
For more information, please refer to:
- One Stop Solution for Your Security Needs.
- 7 Tips To Protect Your Home
- Benefits Of Access Control Systems
- Alarm Systems? Ways To Help Prevent Crime
- Understanding AutoGate (Automatic Gate)
- Prevention Is Better Than Cure (Street Crime)
- 35 Ways To Prevent Crimes
- 13 Tips On Prevent Burglar During Holiday
- The 10 Principles Of Crimes Prevention
- Do We Needs CCTV?
- What Are We Paying For Security?
- Benefits Of Owned A Alarm Systems
- Alarm Systems? Useless Or Great Protection To Your Family?
- Analogue VS IP Cameras
- What Is Boom Gate?
- The Needs Of Boom Gate
- Know About Access Control System
- Should We Upgrade Our CCTV Cameras?
- Prefer The Best IP Camera
- How To Plan Security Systems For Our Building?
Vivotek IP Surveillance:
- Vivotek - IP Surveillance Industry
- Vivotek Supreme IP Camera Series
- Vivotek Build With Reliability
- Vivotek FE8181A Fisheye Launched!
- Vivotek FE8173 VS Vivotek FE8181V
- Vivotek FD8131
- Vivotek Network Cameras
Off Topic Articles:
- Peter Anderson
- Look into My Eye
- Little Kids Little Babies Little World
- Comfy Home Relax
- The Wedding Planner Malaysia
- Beauty Princess Dreams
- PPC or SEO
- Total Online Marketing Solution
- Crime Prevention Info Collection